Re: image use

Robert Belford

You are right, they are going to charge me $32 to read it! ... too
bad, it is really a shame that science is gated and not available to
any but the elite. (This is not a rant, ... I was thinking that since
the image was on a site that appears to be affiliated with the UN, it
might be open access, but I was wrong). None-the-less, I will
contact them and see what happens.

Thanks,
Bob

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 5:18 PM Patty Flatt <flattp@wou.edu> wrote:

From what I can see, it looks like the original article is copyrighted.
https://www.annualreviews.org/doi/pdf/10.1146/annurev-environ-100809-125342

Patricia Flatt, PhD
Chemistry Department, DFSC 209
Western Oregon University
345 N. Monmouth Ave
Monmouth, OR 97361

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 3:10 PM Robert Belford <rebelford@ualr.edu> wrote:

Can I use the top image of this page?
https://phys.org/news/2019-01-university-technologies-arsenic-groundwater.html

Here is the usage policy, and I am too tired to figure it out. But I
could contact them. Does anyone have input?

It seems we should be able to, and I can contact them.