Page Title Formats

Delmar Larsen <dlarsen@...>

I wanted to mention the title format that we have adopted on the LibreTexts for pages. Unless impossible to do, it is desired that each page be formatted like this "XX.YY: title"

where

  • XX is the chapter number
  • YY is the section number
  • title is the title

If the title has a colon it in (other the then colon after the chapter.section combo), please convert it to a dash.

Several exceptions to this format include:

  • Chapter Summaries : "XX.S: Chapter Title (Summary)"),
  • Chapter Exercises : ""XX:.E Chapter Title (Exercises)" and
  • Section subpages (avoid if possible), which should be then indicated by adding a letter (alphabetically). e.g., "4.3A: Cats are cute" and "4.3B: Dogs are cute" are both subsections to section/page "4.3: Animals are cute"

This approach preserves the curation and Remixing ability of the pages. It also preserve the automatic equations/figure/table numbering that work off of the title of the page.