Re: latex in template boxes

Robert Belford

Should we not use italics in captions?

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 4:29 PM Delmar Larsen via Groups.Io
<dlarsen@...> wrote:

On 8/10/2019 2:23 PM, Robert Belford wrote:
Hi All,

Please go to, https://chem.libretexts.org/Courses/Intercollegiate_Courses/Cheminformatics_OLCC_(2019)/2._Representing_Small_Molecules_on_Computers/2.4%3A_Line_Notation#InChI_Layers_Explorer

and scroll down to activity 2,4,1, InChILayersExplorer.

Now maybe I am just fatigued and losing my mind, but it seems like
\(\PageIndex{}\) is not working in a template box, although I would
have thought I would have noticed that earlier. But I may not have
used them in boxes, as most of my "exercises" were shorter than this,
which I renamed as an activity, as I am sort of trying to walk through
how to hack a spreadsheet.....

Am I missing something obvious?
You just had some residual HTML in your latex so mathjax couple figure
out what to do (likely your italics). If that happens, 90% of the time
if you just clear the formating it will work.

What should I do?

Also, any input on embedding JSmol features like hack-a-mol, I am
embedding this from some guy in the UK and not Bob Hanson, which is
really bad, and thus only temporary.
https://chem.libretexts.org/Courses/Intercollegiate_Courses/Cheminformatics_OLCC_(2019)/2._Representing_Small_Molecules_on_Computers/2.5%3A_Structural_Data_Files#Hack-a-Mol
Will take a look.