#aio #aio

Henry Agnew

Hey everyone! For those of you aside from Aryan, please respond to this message with your own AIOs by the end of today (Friday). Discussion of these AIOs will take place on Slack. Please also estimate your hours since the start of September and if you need help with your AIO see my guide here https://chem.libretexts.org/Under_Construction/Sandboxes/Student_Programmers/Getting_Started_Guide/Getting_Started_with_Communication/Scheduled_AIO_Check-ins

[AIO]---------------------------------------------------
Henry Agnew - 9/13/2019 - 55 Hours
A:
  • Changed Print Covers design slightly
  • Got test.libretexts.org online
  • Added attachments to Common Cartridge importer
  • Added Developer menu to Social media bar for Nik (#4)  **This denotes a Github (#issue)**
  • Implemented Hack-a-Mol (dc09af1131e56cd5cf3f26196b3b466b4a3d5b40)  **This denotes a Github (commit)**
  • Added Store: tag for Downloads Dropdown
  • Set up Slack and Groups.io for better communication
I:
  • [!] Not sure if everyone has set up groups.io and slack properly  **The [!] symbol means that this issue requires discussion from the group in order to be fixed**
  • Font size for Grewal's text has changed but don't know the cause
  • Lulu and Shopify are having issues communicating about shipping
  • Need to see if everyone is ready for UCPath
O:
  • See what Dr. Larsen wants with CSV imports.
  • Continue with Remixer v2.0 (/Remixer_v2.0) **This denotes a Github (/branch)**
  • Create additional documentation in the Getting Started Guide
  • Get Github actions online for CI/CD
  • Get Aryan Suri fully online and assigned a project

--

-Henry Agnew

LibreTexts Full-Stack Developer

UC Davis, class of 2020

hagnew@...

Nicholas Lundgren

-Script written to pull information from a given text and throw it up as a citation displayed by a browser alert.
-No foreseeable trouble spots
-make fancier popup with react
-explore more robust error handling procedures for the citation.

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 01:21 Henry Agnew via Groups.Io <hagnew=libretexts.org@groups.io> wrote:
Hey everyone! For those of you aside from Aryan, please respond to this message with your own AIOs by the end of today (Friday). Discussion of these AIOs will take place on Slack. Please also estimate your hours since the start of September and if you need help with your AIO see my guide here https://chem.libretexts.org/Under_Construction/Sandboxes/Student_Programmers/Getting_Started_Guide/Getting_Started_with_Communication/Scheduled_AIO_Check-ins

[AIO]---------------------------------------------------
Henry Agnew - 9/13/2019 - 55 Hours
A:
[...]

Catalina Pera

Estimated hours: 8

-Progressed on QR code
-Publicity site update resarch & concepts
-Stuck on QR code, so far I have been unable to get even a simple code to generate. I'm currently trying to get it to work in just the HTML file, and once successful I will move to adapting the code to work in the printYoutube.js file. After that I will add a media query so it only appears upon printing. I've been working in Cate Test2.html and printYoutubeTest.js.

-Design and add specific publicity site areas (students/instructors/volunteers/institutions)
-Get QR automation up and running
-Megamenu for libraries section of publicity site

Leo Jayachandran

Hey everyone here's my AIO:

Estimated hours: 12

A:
-Incorporated several physics applets into LibreText pages

I:
- Some of the apps use a lot of HTML elements (Spawning table rows and divs), so it requires more working around with CSS to integrate those apps.

O:
- The apps that use HTML5 Canvas are more easier to format, so I'll be focusing more on incorporating those, as they are more time effective.

Regards,
Leo

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019, 17:31 Catalina Pera via Groups.Io, <clpera=ucdavis.edu@groups.io> wrote:
Estimated hours: 8

-Progressed on QR code
-Publicity site update resarch & concepts
-Stuck on QR code, so far I have been unable to get even a simple code to generate. I'm currently trying to get it to work in just the HTML file, and once successful I will move to adapting the code to work in the printYoutube.js file. After that I will add a media query so it only appears upon printing. I've been working in Cate Test2.html and printYoutubeTest.js.

-Design and add specific publicity site areas (students/instructors/volunteers/institutions)
-Get QR automation up and running
-Megamenu for libraries section of publicity site

Henry Agnew

Estimated hours: 37

  1. Got the Remixer v2.0 into an alpha state where it can publish (https://github.com/LibreTexts/Libretext/pull/7)
  1. Currently getting feedback from Dr. Larsen and Dorte about the current Remixer Alpha.
  2. Encountering problems with persistent selection due to it losing the value when reloaded. Current implementation freezes text fields.

  1. Implement ReRemixer alpha.
  2. Share Remixer v2.0 beta with Paul Seeburger and wider audience.
  3. Get Remixer v2.0 into production by the end of the month.
  4. Push Remixer v2 into master when completed.

--

-Henry Agnew

LibreTexts Lead Full-Stack Developer

UC Davis, class of 2020

hagnew@...

Catalina Pera

Estimated Hours: 5

-got the QR code to generate from an HTML file utilizing the QR library on the server
-made more headway on streamlining the front page of the "publicity" site
-In the process of making a code generate from the linked JS file. I'm trying to make a JS class? No clue if it'll work
-finish the QR generator
-finish site mockups

Aryan Suri

Hrs:7
A:
Completed Popup alert when user copies liscensed info
I:
Getting libretext sandbox setup
Integrating modal instead of alert(); tag
O:
Finish integrating modal into code

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 17:01 Catalina Pera via Groups.Io <clpera=ucdavis.edu@groups.io> wrote:

Estimated Hours: 5

-got the QR code to generate from an HTML file utilizing the QR library on the server
-made more headway on streamlining the front page of the "publicity" site
-In the process of making a code generate from the linked JS file. I'm trying to make a JS class? No clue if it'll work
-finish the QR generator
-finish site mockups

--
Thank You,
Aryan Suri

Henry Agnew

Hrs: 24.5
I:
  • Need to check in if Aryan's project will be ready to show off on October 29

O:
  • Get content loaded onto LibreTexts in a box once Emily is done.
  • Get ReRemixer operational.
  • Get help from Dorte with the Remixer mini-tutorial.
  • And get it all done by October 29 which is coming very quickly.

--

-Henry Agnew

LibreTexts Lead Full-Stack Developer

UC Davis, class of 2020

hagnew@...

Nicholas Lundgren

I'm studying for the GRE/applying for grad school so I didn't have anything going on the last two weeks however I will make some progress this week!

Leo Jayachandran

Hey everyone,

Here's my AIO

A:
- Integrated 2 web apps
I:
- Spacing and formatting is being deleted from content upon updating
O:
- Either use deki script or use a table to make changes to the formatting

Hours: 5

Aryan Suri

I had 3 midterms this week so I could get any hours down, but this weekend and this week I plan on finishing my Modal integration!

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 11:19 Henry Agnew via Groups.Io <hagnew=libretexts.org@groups.io> wrote:
Hrs: 24.5
I:
  • Need to check in if Aryan's project will be ready to show off on October 29

O:
  • Get content loaded onto LibreTexts in a box once Emily is done.
  • Get ReRemixer operational.
  • Get help from Dorte with the Remixer mini-tutorial.
  • And get it all done by October 29 which is coming very quickly.

--

-Henry Agnew

LibreTexts Lead Full-Stack Developer

UC Davis, class of 2020

hagnew@...

--
Thank You,
Aryan Suri

Catalina Pera

I had family visiting and a fencing tournament last week, and 2 big projects due this past week. I put in 2 hrs Friday making more headway on the qr generator, which I have committed. Hopefully this will be done by the end of the week. I might've made a mess of the code, but I think some of it might be functional soon.

Thanks,

Cate

Henry Agnew

Hours - 25

  • Finished the initial launch of the Remixer v2.0 (finally!)
    • Implemented ReRemixer of existing LibreTexts
    • Remixer shown off at OpenEd conference
I:

  • Issue with Grewal's LibreTexts again. Possibly due to beeline reader rendering issues?
O:

  • Fix Grewal's LibreTexts printing
  • Bugfix Remixer for Paul this weekend
  • Start work on Sushi Chef for Kolibri

--

-Henry Agnew

LibreTexts Lead Full-Stack Developer

UC Davis, class of 2020

hagnew@...

Aryan Suri

Hours: 9.5
A: Finished Copy Warning System Beta. Was shown off at this week's conference
I: Was struggling alot with license switching (solved)
O: Get the design of the modal polished . Hopefully start a new project.

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 11:39 AM Henry Agnew via Groups.Io <hagnew=libretexts.org@groups.io> wrote:
Hours - 25

  • Finished the initial launch of the Remixer v2.0 (finally!)
    • Implemented ReRemixer of existing LibreTexts
    • Remixer shown off at OpenEd conference
I:

  • Issue with Grewal's LibreTexts again. Possibly due to beeline reader rendering issues?
O:

  • Fix Grewal's LibreTexts printing
  • Bugfix Remixer for Paul this weekend
  • Start work on Sushi Chef for Kolibri

--

-Henry Agnew

LibreTexts Lead Full-Stack Developer

UC Davis, class of 2020

hagnew@...

--
Thank You,
Aryan Suri

Leo Jayachandran

Hours: 4.5

A:
- Completed the three main stats projects assigned to me to complete.
- Started on the fourth lower priority stats project assigned

I:
- No Significant Issues encountered

O:
- Complete the fourth project assigned, should hopefully be done within the week or so

Leo Jayachandran

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 6:11 PM Aryan Suri via Groups.Io <arsuri=ucdavis.edu@groups.io> wrote:
Hours: 9.5
A: Finished Copy Warning System Beta. Was shown off at this week's conference
[...]

O: Wrap up citation generator and begin working on new project from cards previously assigned on trello~

Catalina Pera

hours: 6.25
A: finished branding concepts for publicity website and social media for upcoming meeting with Delmar.
I: still stuck on qr reader. I've written a bunch of code and none of it seems to work.
O: Make edits requested by Delmar and hopefully finally finish this qr thing.

Catalina Pera

Edited

I'm posting a little early to get this out of the way for today.

Hours: 13
-Met with Delmar and got approval to start working with Eric on finishing and solidifying the brand.
-Met with Eric
-Researched competitors for inspiration and understanding
-Started updating the LibreTexts wordpress
-Started making the brand guidelines
-Started search for better stock photos

-No progress on QR code, which is now posted to Slack and updated on github. Anyone who can help and is interested, please do!

-Finish brand guidelines
-Find all necessary photos
-Have blog in completed-enough state to show Delmar
-Move on to social media & email templates

Nicholas Lundgren

Hey everybody, sorry I have been around much. Research, gre + grad apps ahoy. I will have more time over the holidays to get some real work done.
A-
I- Finally pushing all my code and then going to work on some error handling today
Will check out QR code too
O- no foreseeable issues yet.

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 08:27 Catalina Pera via Groups.Io <clpera=ucdavis.edu@groups.io> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

I'm posting a little early to get this out of the way for today.

Hours: 13
-Met with Delmar and got approval to start working with Eric on finishing and solidifying the brand.
-Met with Eric
-Researched competitors for inspiration and understanding
-Started updating the LibreTexts wordpress
-Started making the brand guidelines
-Started search for better stock photos

-No progress on QR code, which is now posted to Slack and updated on github. Anyone who can help and is interested, please do!

-Finish brand guidelines
-Find all necessary photos
-Have blog in completed-enough state to show Delmar
-Move on to social media & email templates

Leo Jayachandran

Hey everyone,

Here's my AIO for this week

A:
- completed statistics simulations

I:
- None

O:
- complete differential equations simulations
- start on dynamic index project

Regards,
Leo